This page displays policy updates informing users in advance of important changes to our services, agreements, or other policies.
Amendments to Pushpay User Agreement
We’ve updated our Pushpay User Agreement (previously referred to as the Pushpay Terms and Conditions) to reflect the above. A lot has changed at Pushpay since we last updated our terms, so please be sure to read the new Pushpay User Agreement in its entirety. A few notable updates (without limitation) include:
- More Detailed Explanations: We’ve included more details about important features of our services.
- Introduction of binding arbitration on an individual basis, as a means of resolving disputes. Please review this provision carefully. It provides that any dispute may be resolved by binding arbitration instead of a trial in court or a class action. The provision will eliminate your right to go to court (except for a small claims court having jurisdiction), the right to bring class or collective actions, and the right to have a jury decide a dispute. We’ve provided for individuals to arbitrate in their county or the county nearest to them and we have clarified that organizations outside of New Zealand can resolve disputes locally in King County Washington. We’ve also included an arbitration opt-out procedure for individuals who would prefer to resolve disputes outside of arbitration.
- Changes to limitations on liability, indemnification, warranties and other legal terms.
- Changes to help you better understand our treatment of your data, privacy practices and your privacy choices.
- Auto-Renewal. We’ve highlighted the terms under which your Agreement with us will automatically renew.
Our updated Pushpay User Agreement is effective immediately for new users (including Individuals, Organizations and Developers). For existing users who signed up for or started using our services prior to November 1, 2018, our updated Pushpay User Agreement is effective December 1, 2018. We encourage you to review the updated Pushpay User Agreement.
- Introduction of Data Protection Principles: We’ve introduced data protection principles that we abide by and are passionate about, including Trust, Transparency and Security.
- More control over your information. We make it easy for you to control the information you provide to us. Our policy explains how you can make choices about your information, and the measures we’ve put in place to keep your information secure.
- Customized Experiences: We clarified how we may provide you with customized experiences on Pushpay properties. We also explain how you can choose to limit the use of your information.
- Privacy Shield Disclosures, GDPR and European Economic Area users’ rights. We are committed to upholding the Privacy Shield Principles for EEA users, and we have certified under Privacy Shield Frameworks (for both EU-US and Swiss-US data transfers) to provide comfort to customers with EEA users that adequate protections are in place for data transfers outside of the EEA. We have updated the terms to reflect our Privacy Shield Certification and our adherence to Privacy Shield Principles for EEA users.